09262017Headline:

Copenhagen gunman was at internet cafe between attacks – police

Omar El-Hussein, the man believed to be behind two deadly shooting attacks in Copenhagen over the weekend, spent most of the time between the attacks at an internet cafe in the capital's north, officials said at a press conference on Monday, providing the fullest account yet of the gunman's movements.

Investigators determined that El-Hussein spent between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. at the Power Play internet cafe on Nørrebrogade street in Nørrebro district. The first attack on the cultural center Krudttønden, where a blasphemy debate was taking place, happened at about 3:33 p.m., while the second attack on a synagogue happened at about 12:45 a.m.

The new information nearly finishes the timeline of El-Hussein's movements between the attacks. Police had earlier said the gunman fled the scene using a vehicle he hijacked, after which he abandoned it on Borgervænget to call for a taxi, which drove him to the Mjølnerparken housing complex in Nørrebro. He left the area at about 4:37 p.m.

The gunman's exact whereabouts between 4:37 p.m. and 8 p.m. have not yet been confirmed.

Also at Monday's briefing, police said five officers who were shot during the attacks are doing well given the circumstances and all are expected to be released from hospital in the coming days.

(Copyright 2015 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: sales@bnonews.com.)

What Next?

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Submit Comment