09232017Headline:

Prosecutors decline to pursue charges against Caitlyn Jenner

Reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner will not be charged for her role in a fatal car crash near Los Angeles earlier this year, prosecutors announced on Wednesday, saying it cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that her conduct was unreasonable.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said in a court filing that Jenner was driving "slightly below" the posted speed limit when her SUV rear-ended a Lexus and pushed it into oncoming traffic on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. The accident, which happened on February 7, resulted in the death of 69-year-old Kim Howe, who was driving the Lexus. Five other people who were in other vehicles were injured.

"Suspect (Jenner) was traveling at a speed slightly below posted speed limit and minimally slower than victim," the court filing said. "Crime requires violation of misdemeanor or infraction. Only possible violation is VC 22350, a violation of the basic speed law. Crime also requires ordinary negligence. Based on facts, cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that suspect's conduct was unreasonable."

Last month, sheriff's investigators said they intended to recommend that prosecutors file a vehicular manslaughter charge against Jenner. A sheriff's department spokeswoman said at the time that investigators believed Jenner was driving "unsafe for the prevailing road conditions," but the decision whether to actually file charges was up to the district attorney's office.

(Copyright 2015 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: sales@bnonews.com.)

What Next?

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Submit Comment